Friday, December 24, 2010

Question of the Week: The Perfect Christmas

What, in your mind, would constitute the perfect Christmas?

For me, the ideal Christmas would probably involve a serious personality change for me. My attitude of late has been one of solitude, and when I picture a "perfect" Christmas, it isn't one spent alone. I'm not sure I would describe my ideal as being like a Norman Rockwell painting, but it may be close. Being surrounded by family and friends. No awkward tension and no hurt feelings over stupid little things that may have happened in the past. There would be genuine joy and real smiles on people's faces. It wouldn't be the fake we-have-to-pretend-to-like-these-people-because-they're-family-and-it's-Christmas kind of thing. It wouldn't be about who got the kids what for Christmas and it wouldn't be about who could outspend the others. Also, there would be no egg nog. I've never understood why that stuff is so popular this time of year. I think it's gross. But there would be lots of food. And pie. Like I said, that would require an enormous personality and attitude adjustment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment