Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Back to Normal

There's a big part of me that's gonna miss November. And it's mostly because I had a readily available blogging topic for each day last month thanks to that very helpful 30 Day Blog Journal. By the way, thanks again to Amy over at Ha Ha. Wait. What? for the idea. Not that I asked permission to use said idea. But it's out there now and I can't take it back.

So now it's December. I am a big fan of December. Winter officially begins later this month. I know that North Carolina isn't likely to have a great deal of snow, but at least winter brings a slight possibility of it. And it's so much cooler. Summers around here are crazy hot and humid. Not a selling point when trying to get someone like me to stay in this area.

December also means Christmas. I have a lot of people asking me what I'll be doing this year for the holidays. Realistically, there's a good chance I'll be staying here instead of traveling back to Roanoke to have Christmas with the family. Money's tight and gas prices are still on the inevitable rise. A Christmas miracle could happen and money could come rolling in, but I really don't think I'll hold my breath. Whatever happens, I'll make the most of the situation. Optimism might just be the new thing I'm trying these days.

Sadly, I'm back to day-to-day blog writing. Not that I'm sad to be writing something on the blog every day. I just mean that I'm back to trying to come up with something to write about on a daily basis. And that's why I'll miss November. I just had my posts ready and waiting each day. Today I woke up and had nothing prepared. It's my day off from the bank and I had to actually use my brain. It just doesn't seem fair. Also, I woke up at 7am against my will. Stupid internal clock.

So welcome to December. Have some fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment