Friday, January 21, 2011

Question of the Week: Tattoo

If, by having a 2 inch by 2 inch tattoo, you could save five lives and prevent a terrorist attack, would you do so? If you were allowed to select the location and design, where would you have it and what would the design be?

Heck yeah, I'd do it. I've never had any problem with a tattoo. And if it's gonna save lives, why not? The only reason I've never gotten a tattoo before is because I'm indecisive. The thought has crossed my mind a number of times of getting something inked somewhere, but I just don't know what or where. And that's a pretty big commitment to make. Especially if one can't really decide what tattoo one wants.

As for what I'd get and where, I'm not sure I can answer that part of the question. I'm not married and have never been close, so it's not like I'd be too tempted to have a girl's name tattooed anywhere. I'm a big comic book geek, so maybe I could do the Superman 'S'-shield. Or maybe the Green Lantern symbol. On my left arm. Maybe with some kind of cool design coming off it, or made to look like it's behind the symbol. Or maybe I could get a butterfly. On the small of my back. I don't know, it's a lot to think about. I'd want it to be something that I would enjoy having when I'm 80 years old. 'Cause if I'm gonna last that long, so will the tattoo.

At least I'll know that I stopped a terrorist plot. Not sure exactly how I went about saving the world by sitting in a tattoo parlor. Maybe the tattoo artist was inadvertently apart of some plan to take over Nakatomi Plaza, and by deciding to sit in his chair at the last minute, I delayed him from something he was planning to do. And then his "friend" that was really a terrorist without the tattoo artist's knowledge was unable to trick the artist into doing something which would have turned out to be the lynchpin in the whole operation. Hans, in his anger, would have done something stupid, calling attention to himself and his crew. The FBI and Homeland Security would have stepped in and shipped them all off to Guantanamo Bay.

World saved. The end. True story.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment