Thursday, February 10, 2011

31 Is Coming...

In just under a month, I'll reach the ripe old age of 31. I won't just be 30 anymore. I'll be well into my 30s. I think I dealt pretty well with hitting 30 last year, 31 shouldn't be a problem. You know what I think will help? Presents. And so you, my faithful Carp Dimers can be prepared, here's a list of things that I would like to receive for my birthday.

Kindle - Don't judge me. Print is a dying breed. And those things can hold thousands of books. I can't fit thousands of books in my apartment.

Community Season 1 on DVD - I've Netflixed and Hulu'd the crap outta that show. I want my own copy.

Electric Razor - I haven't used one since I was a freshman in college. I'm not sure whether it would be better to use than a disposable razor, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Gym Membership - I don't really care where. Someplace close would be nice. I was a member of a local gym last year and had to quit because I couldn't afford it. That hasn't really changed, but I did feel a lot better when I was working out regularly. And it was a great stress reliever. That's probably the best part.

Canon EOS Rebel T2i - I know, I don't really need a new camera. I have a digital camera, but it really isn't that great. I got it pretty cheap several years ago. The only really decent camera I have still uses film. And being on the budget I'm on, getting pictures developed isn't really cost effective. So I want a really good digital camera.

Flip UltraHD Video Camera - Another one that I don't necessarily need. But I really have been wanting to make a transition to some video blogs here and there. I'm not saying I want to be the next YouTube star. I just think it'd be fun. And the webcam that's built into the laptop just isn't gonna cut it.


Aside from the DVDs, I realize that these are likely to cost a lot of money. Which would be the sole reason why I haven't gone ahead and bought them for myself. But, you know, several of you could go in together, pool your money, that kind of thing.

P.S. - Nothing says "Happy birthday!" like cold, hard cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment