Monday, September 05, 2011

Legends of the Bank Teller: The Final Legend

I'm not too sure how to put this. So I'll just come right out with it. I won't be working for the bank anymore. Ever.

No, I wasn't fired for finally snapping and going off on a customer. I'm sure we've all, at one time or another, assumed that if I was ever going to lose that job, it would be for that very reason. As a matter of fact, I wasn't fired at all. I quit.

But fear not. I have something lined up to replace it. It's the kind of thing that just fell into my lap. Recently, I was discussing my career with Tree and, after a particularly bad day at work, I asked her if her family's company was hiring. She said they were. So I figured it couldn't hurt to give her my resume, though I wasn't sure anything would come of it.

I met with her father and we discussed a lot of things. Again, I wasn't sure that anything would come of it. But I prayed. Soon after, I received an e-mail offering me a job with the company. In this new position I'll be responsible for making up brochures, creating YouTube videos, writing blogs, contacting Craigslist customers, and more along those lines. As I read the job responsibilities, it felt like I was being offered a dream job. I couldn't possibly turn it down.

It was never my intention to burn a bridge with the bank that has employed me for the last three and a half years. And if, by leaving, I've done just that, so be it. I may have liked the people I worked for and worked with, but the job itself was nothing I ever found contentment in. Go back and read any number of my Legends of the Bank Teller to know that.

I begin a new career tomorrow. And it kind of feels like I begin a new life tomorrow as well. To say I'm excited would be a gross understatement. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. wow - that's fantastic news. and the job sounds perfect for you!

    congrats x 10 and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the luck in the world! Keep me posted on any pancake developments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo excited for you, Aaron! That is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete