Friday, September 30, 2011

Question of the Week: Complimentary

When you are given a compliment do you usually acknowledge it or suggest that you really do not deserve it?

Of course I deserve it. I'm awesome.

Okay, really, it all depends on who is paying the compliment. If it's a close friend or family member who truly knows my dry sense of humor, I play it off an pretend like I've got a huge ego and they're just fueling it. If it's a co-worker or superior or just someone that I don't know very well, I typically say thank you and move on. In reality, I don't let compliments go to my head. I do the best I can at whatever I'm trying to do and if it catches someone's attention, so be it. If not, at least I can get a good night's sleep knowing that I did the best I could.

And that's... one to grow on.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment