Monday, May 18, 2009

Talking

Tonight I witnessed something amazing. I've always wondered how it was possible for Han Solo and Chewbacca to carry on a normal conversation. Tonight I realized how it happens.

The baby of the Greenehouse, Gabby, has started talking like it's her job. Aptly named, Gabby was on the phone with her grandmother just jabberin' away. She was walking around with the phone to her ear, pointing at things, explaining herself very clearly. At least it was clear to her.

On the other end of the line, Gayle was talking back to her, in full English sentences. I'm not too sure that Gayle understood Gabby anymore than we did, but Gabby was fully aware of everything that was going on. In her mind, the conversation flowed as normal.

And all the while, I was remembering how Han and Chewie would have arguments and share adventures aboard the Millennium Falcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment