Friday, May 01, 2009

Question of the Week: Goal

Do you have any specific long-term goals? What is one and how do you plan on reaching it?

I do have some specific long-term goals. The one that I would like to share on this blog may come as no surprise to anyone reading this. I want to be a published author. Not just on this blog, not just on the newspaper's blog (which I feel is still a step in the right direction), but in the kind of way that gathers dust on someone's bookshelf.

I'm working on it. I've been outlining some ideas that really, at this point, need to be fleshed out and detailed. Once I get a full work of fiction completed, I don't quite know what I'll do with it. I figure I'll jump off that publishing bridge once I get to it. Wish me luck. Also, buy my book. Someday.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to join my writing/editing club, you're welcome. I have a couple of friends who are also writing some fiction, and we pass each other our ideas and chapters for feedback. You know, to hone our craft.
    The only rule is, the first one to actually get published has to help the others along.

    Dues are only $65 per quarter.

    KIDDING! (about the last part, but totally serious about the rest)

    ReplyDelete