Sunday, March 07, 2010

The 30th Birthday Spectacular

For the past few years, I've said that 29 would be my last birthday. There has been a small part of me that did not want to accept that 30 was coming. But I have come to embrace this new age. I've come to realize that turning 30 is much better than the alternative. To not turn 30 would probably equal death of some kind. Not quite ready for that one yet.

So the day came and it was awesome. Awesome to me anyway. I got to hang out with many of my best friends. I stayed with Brandon and Kara on Friday night. They treated me to dinner at Bellacino's, then we came back to the house and waited for our other old roommate, Mark, to arrive. After that, Kara hit the hay, but the guys stayed up and watched some TV for a while.

During the day yesterday, Mark and I headed out to a Chinese restaurant for lunch, then went bowling. I had not been bowling in five years. It was epically bad. We then headed across the street to hang out at an arcade for a while. I was pleased, they had Ms. Pac-Man, one of my favorites.

But last night was the big party. Many of us met up at Macado's, which I can safely say is my favorite restaurant. It's a place I miss a great deal while living in North Carolina. They have a couple locations in the state, but nowhere near Raleigh. If anyone from the Macado's corporate staff reads this, please consider opening a location in Raleigh. You could find a good space in Cameron Village. It's very close to the NC State campus. You'd make a killing.

Anyway, I had a great time hanging out with friends and family that I rarely see. But I won't ruin it by talking about it anymore. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

1 comment: