Friday, March 05, 2010

Question of the Week: Habits

What are your most compulsive habits? Do you regularly struggle to break these habits?

Does compulsive necessarily mean bad? I guess the word habit is generally used for a repetitive action that someone generally feels guilty about, or knows is bad for them. But I just don't think it necessarily has to be a bad thing. If you do it enough, exercise can become a habitual action, right? I don't really think I have a habit that I'm trying to break these days. If I've got a bad one that I should break, no one's called me out on it yet. Though I would say that I am a creature of habit. I enjoy a pretty regular routine. I don't go nuts if something happens to change that routine, but it's comfortable. Maybe that, in itself, is a bad habit.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment