Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pinched

I wore green all day today. I wore it to work. I wore it at home. And I wore it to the Greenehouse when I went over there to catch up on 24 and Lost and some laundry.

But Nicole pinched me anyway. She claimed that the shirt I was wearing wasn't green enough. Granted, it's not the color that one would traditionally consider green. It's more of a darker, maybe an olive shade of green. But it's a shade of green nonetheless.

And yet, the pinch. If memory serves, if one wearing green gets pinched on St. Patrick's Day, they have the right to exact vengeance. Nicole was not wearing green. Therefore, I feel that I would have been entirely justified in a revenge pinch.

She claimed that since the word green can be found in her last name, she didn't necessarily need to wear the color on this day. However, it doesn't matter if the pincher is wearing green or not. If they pinch someone wearing green, they get pinched right back.

As I write this, I'm still sitting in the recliner in the living room of the Greenehouse. I could easily reach out and return the pinch. But I'm gonna be the bigger person. I'm gonna be better than that. That's right. I'm mature when I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment