Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Don't Be Afraid

I've written several posts about this Girl in the White SUV. I'm sure I've written enough on here that she could really have her own category. And yet, here's another one.

Sunday night I went to P.F. Chang's with some friends from church. At the end of the meal, I grabbed my fortune cookie and opened it up to see what my fortune my slip of paper had for me. "Don't be afraid to take that big step."

If you've kept up with my saga of the Girl in the White SUV, you'll know that I've constantly debated whether I should ask her out. I've questioned what I should do and how I should do it. I've second guessed myself. Every time I think I've come up with a good idea of how to really approach her, I decide that it won't work, so I don't try.

Living life that way is stupid. Nicole helped me realize last night that I just need to do something. I won't know unless I try. I'm going to decide on an action to take and then I just need to take that action. If the Girl in the White SUV likes it, then she likes it. If she doesn't, life goes on.

No, this isn't about a decision of what I'll be doing to get this girl's attention. It's just about the epiphany that the door can't possibly open if I don't knock.

1 comment: