Thursday, October 21, 2010

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode LXXXIX

I don't watch the news. I just don't. It isn't that I'm not interested in what's going on in the world. I just don't take the time to turn on the television to actually find out what's going on in the world. Besides, aside from the fluff pieces at the end, the news is pretty depressing most of the time. The majority of the news I see comes from the iGoogle home page, which isn't a lot.

That being said, I'm not sure how much of our local news has leaked out to the rest of the country. But I can't help but think that the Raleigh/Durham/Triangle area is the laughing stock of the banking community at large. In case it's news to you, we've been getting hit with a lot of bank robberies.

The sad thing? Most of those robberies have been perpetrated by the same individual. Not the same group of people. Just one guy. He's suspected of robbing twelve different locations in this area. I'm not exactly hip to the criminal scene, but to me, that seems like a lot. So is there something wrong with our banks, or even with our law enforcement, that causes us to be unable to catch this guy?

I heard about one of his robberies. He went to one of my bank's branches and just asked for the money. He wasn't armed. He just demanded the money and left. How does the same guy, who isn't packing any heat, keep getting away, time and again?

So, honestly, is Raleigh the laughing stock of the banking world?

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to think you hit the nail on the head. My bank was just robbed yesterday by the robber with the fake nose. He came straight to my window. This is the second time in 4 months we've been robbed. You probably need to add Wake Forest to your "laughing stock" of the banking world.

    ReplyDelete