Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weak

I have only a few short days until I return to work. But that doesn't mean I haven't spent some of my time off doing some actual work.

Today I helped The Most Awesome Person I Know move into a new apartment. And I need to admit something that isn't exactly the most macho of things to admit. I am a wuss.

In my defense, I did wake with a headache, as I have done so often recently. For this, I blame the recent climate change signaling the coming of autumn. Just as I thought I had kicked the headache this morning, I made my way over to the house to start loading a trailer.

And then I helped to move the washer, the dryer, and a rather large sofa. I felt like I was going to throw up. The headache came back with a vengeance. I fought through it. I got past the nausea. I was somewhat helpful throughout the day.

But I decided that I really need to start working out. Eventually, I myself will have to move. I don't have a lot of friends around here. So finding strong backs to help move the furniture will not be an easy thing to find. And I certainly can't afford to hire people to move me. So I'll definitely need to build up some strength so I can at least do my part of the work.

Of course I was thanked for helping out today. But I really feel like I didn't do much at all.

Anyone have a Bowflex they're not using? If you're willing to let me borrow it, you'll have to find a way to get it here. There's a good chance I won't be able to lift it and move it into the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment