Friday, October 22, 2010

Question of the Week: No

Do you find it so hard to say "no" that you regularly do favors you do not want to do? If so, why?

It really depends on the person that's asking the favor. There are certain people in my life, friends, family members, for whom I would do anything, no matter what. But then there are others that I could tell no with no problem. So for those select few that I'll say yes to pretty much anything, it's inevitable that I'll get stuck performing favors that I don't necessarily want to do. But that's what it means to love people. Sometimes you have to sacrifice what you want or what's comfortable for you in order to make those people a little more comfortable.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment