Thursday, October 07, 2010

Versatility

So I was given an award by Elizabeth over at I Seek With All My Heart...

And I thought, Versatile? Me? Okay, it might be a good fit. Turns out there's kind of a catch to accepting this particular award. The following rules must be followed:
  1. Thank and link back to the person nice enough to give you the award.
  2. Share seven things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award on to seven other bloggers who you think are fabulous.
  4. Contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award.
This works out great because I've been struggling all day with coming up with something to write about. So I definitely want to thank Elizabeth for helping me out with today's particular writer's block. I put the link to her blog up at the top, but if you missed it, here it is again. Go check it out. I particularly like her Flashback Fridays. I met Elizabeth and her husband through my small group at church, which I'm sorry to say I haven't been able to attend for quite some time. That whole second job thing has kept me working on the nights that they meet. But let the record show, I do miss them and everyone else in the group. And if this didn't sound like a sincere thanks then shame on me for not wording it correctly. This isn't a blog that generally receives a lot of attention, so I get psyched just when someone is thoughtful enough to leave a comment on one of my posts. To be thought of as one of Elizabeth's seven favorite bloggers kind of makes me feel like I'm doing something right. So really, thank you.

Now, seven things about myself. Be warned, a lot of this will probably be repetitive. After all, I have written 1,100 posts for this here blog. And I don't find myself to be that interesting of a person. So, it's highly likely, that just about everything about me has been written in one form or another at some point over the last five years. But let's do this...
  1. I am terrified of clowns. This is not a joke. It's a sad, but true story. Thankfully I'm an adult and have the capability of keeping myself away from situations in which a clown may appear. However, when and if it does happen and a clown enters the same room as me, bad things happen. I don't freak out or anything. I just kind of tense up. It's almost like a nervous type of paralysis if that makes any sense. So if anyone had any ideas about bringing a clown to my birthday party next year, you're not invited.
  2. Back to the Future is the greatest movie ever made. This is not an opinion. This is a well documented fact.
  3. I'm not sure that I'll ever get married. There are a lot of steps between here and there that I would certainly need to take. But if I ever do get married, I want to say my vows and exchange rings with the wife-to-be at my friends' house at Smith Mountain Lake. Here's a picture of the view from the back porch...
  4. I don't sleep in a bed. I have a bed, I just don't sleep in it. I sleep on the sofa in my living room. Honestly, my bed is very uncomfortable. The mattress is pretty old and is bad on my back. I can do a couple nights in a row on the bed, but any more than that and I pretty much can't move. Oddly enough, when I'm not fighting insomnia, I sleep quite comfortably on the couch.
  5. There's a new show this season called Chase. It's about a team of U.S. Marshals that do what Marshals do. They hunt down fugitives and bring them to justice. The show is based out of Houston, Texas. I've only watched three episodes, but it kind of makes me want to move to Texas.
  6. I will never move to Texas. I complain too much about the heat here in North Carolina. From what I understand, it's exponentially hotter in Texas. I miss living in the cool and much less humid mountains. I could probably handle a move to Colorado or Montana. But the truth is, I'll never take a leap like that. As charming as I am, I've convinced myself that I'd have too difficult a time trying to meet new people and make new friends.
  7. I do not like chocolate.
Finally, seven fellow bloggers to award with the versatile blog award.

No comments:

Post a Comment