Friday, October 15, 2010

Question of the Week: Severe

If you knew that your child would be severely retarded and would die by the age of five, would you decide to have an abortion?

Absolutely not. If it's God's will for me to have a child with any kind of handicap, whatever the case may be, then it's for a reason. If an abortion was chosen as a viable option, it's hard to tell what we would miss out on for the five years that we get to have that child in our lives.

Do you watch Glee. I'm sure I've mention before that I watch it. In fact, I know I've posted clips from the show before. For a little background, there's a character named Sue Sylvester. She's a tough as nails cheerleading coach that rarely has a nice thing to say to anyone. She rarely takes down her defenses to show that she can be vulnerable. But one area where she is vulnerable is with her older sister, who has Down Syndrome. Here's a very short clip from a recent episode where the characters all dealt with their faith issues. Sue's sister, I think, says it all.



*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment