Friday, April 29, 2011

Question of the Week: Being Mean

For $2000 would you be willing to stand up in a crowded restaurant and, for at least a minute, loudly berate a waitress for some trivial imperfection in the service? If not, consider how grateful the waitress would be if you did so and later split the money with her.

I don't think I could do it. I may do and say things at times that cause me to come across as a jerk, but I couldn't just tear someone down in public like that for something as stupid as getting a lemon with my water when I clearly asked for no lemon. $2000 isn't that much money, and splitting it with the girl I'm planning to scream at means I'll be getting even less. So let's just go ahead and add selfish and greedy to the list of qualities that are making me a jerk.


*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment