Friday, April 01, 2011

Question of the Week: Self-Destruct

You notice a self-destructive behavior pattern in a friend who is clearly unaware of it. Would you point it out?

Yes. And I would hope that any friends that noticed a self-destructive behavior in me would tell me about it. It's never easy to point out when someone has messed out. But if you love them and are really their friend, then it's something they need to hear. And it's better coming from someone they can trust than from a stranger. It'll be hard for them to hear it too. And chances are they won't be receptive at first, but a true friendship will survive that kind of test. But I guess that's why Charlie Sheen hasn't been returning my phone calls lately.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment