Thursday, March 31, 2011

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode XCVI

Here's another example of something that kind of drives me crazy concerning some of my customers. Shocked that something else would drive me crazy? Yeah, I thought so.

It's a rainy day. It's dreary and it would have been a swell day to sleep in. But I had to come to work. Sleeping late was, sadly, not an option. When the weather is as it is today, people drive around with their windshield wipers on. This is how it should be.

However, I find it a little annoying when they pull into the drive through with their wipers still going. It would be nice if they would turn them off while they're next to my window. If they're on, the wiper blades fling water all over the glass. And since I slide that drawer out for the customer when they pull up, rain water makes its way into that as well.

First of all, do you really need to keep your wipers on high, even while you're driving around out there? It's not as if we're having a typhoon. From where I'm sitting, it's not even raining that hard. It isn't exactly a drizzle, but when you have the wipers going full blast, you kind of look like a spaz.

Also, when you're at my drive through, you're sitting in a well covered area. Rain is falling five feet to the right of my drawer, but it's dry as a bone where your car currently sits. Turn off the wipers. When the drawer gets wet, your paperwork gets wet. It's not a dire thing, just an annoyance.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you... why have them on under the canopy at the drive thru?
    Here's my pet peeve of the day...
    Why must your co-workers who obviously learned to type on the first type writers without electricity on them continue to BANG those keys on the keyboard of today. It only takes a gentle touch of your fingers. You are NOT pushing those keys threw the desk onto the monitor or the paper.

    ReplyDelete