Friday, March 04, 2011

Question of the Week: Judge

Do you judge others by higher or lower standards than you use to judge yourself?

I'd say that I judge myself much more harshly than I judge others. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely judgmental of others. More so than I have any right to be. But I think that's human nature. We're constantly looking at people, comparing them to ourselves or others. I'm not excusing that behavior and I'm not saying it's right. It just is. Meeting someone for the first time, it's the easiest thing in the world to make a snap judgment about them, especially if you don't really know anything about them. It'd be nice if that was one of those things we could just turn off.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment