Friday, April 15, 2011

Question of the Week: No Pressure

You become involved romantically but after six months realize you need to end the relationship. If you were certain the person would commit suicide if you were to leave and were also certain you could not be happy with the person, what would you do?

So this probably sounds heartless, but I'd leave. I don't care who you are, my actions, positive or negative, can never be strong enough to make you kill yourself. That's a choice that you're making. And if you're stupid enough to go through with that, that's on you. I won't feel guilty for someone making the choice to end her life. And there's no way I'd want to be with someone who would use "suicide" as a not-so-subtle manipulation to keep me in the relationship. That's not fair. Again, not to sound heartless or conceited, but I'm pretty sure I deserve to be with someone who's at least halfway mentally stable. A woman who believes that suicide is a viable option is not, in my opinion, stable.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment