Friday, April 08, 2011

Question of the Week: One or Many

If you had the choice of one intimate soulmate and no other close friends, or of no such soulmate and many friends and acquaintances, which would you choose?

Not that I believe in "soulmates," but I'd rather have the one than the many. That's not to say that I don't cherish the friendships that I do have. But I also wouldn't say that I have a lot of close friends either. I could never narrow them down to just one while writing the others off. But the people I consider to be friends I don't consider to be a large number.

I would consider myself a fairly guarded person, so opening myself up to having more friends and acquaintances isn't the easiest thing for me to do. In my mind, having a few close friendships just makes those relationships all the more valuable.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment