Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Break

Well, I've crossed into day number three in which I have no internet access in the place I now live. This is a difficult thing for me, because I'm used to spending so much of my free time sitting at my computer.

I shouldn't say that. Yes, I'm at the computer a lot, but just because I don't have internet doesn't mean my computer doesn't work. In reality, I spend a lot of my free time moving around online. Checking Facebook. Checking Twitter. Checking out the stats for my blog. Writing new posts for my blog. Without the internet, I kind of feel lost.

I know how sad that sounds. But I'm willing to bet a lot of people in our world would feel the same way. Probably not the majority of humanity, but I'm certain I'm not alone in my frustration at not being able to just look something up as soon as it comes to mind.

I never would have thought that I'd spend two mornings in a row having breakfast at McDonald's just because they offer free Wi-Fi. That's not very good for my stomach or my wallet. So I've got to stop. Which means, for now, no more blog posts. At least not from me.

I've asked the Most Awesome Person I Know to write a guest post and I'm hoping she'll do it. I've also got a few other people I can ask to write something that I think would be interesting. It's just a shame I won't be able to read what they write.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still check my e-mail whenever I get a chance. If I'm somewhere that will allow me to connect to the internet, I'll see what's happening on the Facebook. But for the most part, this is a situation that I cannot control.

There's a possibility that I could have internet at home tomorrow. There's a chance that I won't have it until after next weekend. It's all very up in the air right now.

A friend from high school told me that I should enjoy the freedom while I had the chance. I feel a little bad that I have a hard time considering my lack of connectivity "freedom." From my perspective, it's a small form of torture. But for the next few days/weeks/whatever, I'm gonna try to change that perspective. We'll see how freeing this can be.

Don't forget me when I'm gone. Hopefully I'll be back sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment