Thursday, June 09, 2011

Doesn't Play Well With Others

The fact that my social life is somewhat lacking is something that weighs on my mind at times. It's something I hope to work on.

Now, if you've read my blog for any real length of time, you're probably aware that I'm the kind of person who enjoys his alone time. While I wouldn't mind being in a relationship someday, it's not killing me that I'm 31 and still single. I'm really okay with it.

But I write this blog and I realize that if I'm not out there living my life and having new experiences, well, I really don't have anything to write about. Sure, I write about my past. I write about things that happen at work. I write my thoughts on the books I've read or movies I've seen. But is that enough to keep people coming back day after day?

I keep saying I want more followers. I grow envious of other bloggers who've broken 100 on their follower list. But what am I doing to attract more people? There are only so many people out there who actually care to read what I have to say about DC Comics' upcoming reboot.

So part of my hope in moving back to Roanoke is that I'll start experiencing more. I won't be working two jobs. That means I'll have more time to do things that I haven't had time to do here. It means I'll have more time to write, giving me more opportunities to be more creative. I hope.

I'm not saying it'll be an easy transition. As introverted as I've been over the last couple years, there will be a major adjustment that needs to be made. But it is my hope that I'll be able to become a more interesting person over the course of the next few months. And I hope my 43 followers will stick around and go on that ride with me. And I kind of hope you'll bring some friends with you.

3 comments:

  1. I'm always looking to hang out with people when I visit the 'Noke. So if you want to hang out with people who rarely get out (me and my husband because we never have a babysitter except when we are in Roanoke) then I will let you know when we are in town. We would love a friend to have some fun with. :) Best wishes on your move and new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And yeah, that'd be great. Just shoot me a message when you guys are gonna be in Roanoke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We hope to get there again this summer at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete