Tuesday, June 26, 2012

AFI 59 - Nashville

Nashville
1975
Directed by Robert Altman
Netflix sleeve: Countless characters including Shelley Duvall, Keith Carradine, Ned Beatty and Karen Black, get caught up in a political rally that takes over Nashville in director Robert Altman's sprawling satirical masterpiece about politics and country music. The many fine performances in this mosaic include Lily Tomlin's bored housewife and Henry Gibson's pompous, patriotic country singer. The actors also wrote and performed their own songs.

Wow. I mean... I really did not like that movie. At all. Not even a little. I had a hard time following it. To me, it was kind of a mess. I can live with the fact that there are people out there who love this movie, for one reason or another. And I can live with the fact that the AFI decided this was worthy of being in their top 100. Just as long as I never have to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment