Tuesday, June 19, 2012

So Many Questions, Part II

In case you missed my post yesterday, you've stumbled into the midst of a week long questionnaire. This list contains 100 questions which I am dividing up throughout the week. Questions 1-20 were dealt with in yesterday's post. Go back if you need to see those answers. And now, we resume the epic answers to the epic questions.

21. Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends or with a large group of people? One or two friends. Large groups make me anxious. I'm not agoraphobic. I just prefer smaller circles.
22. Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to? I like pretty much all types of music. And I have no problem listening to the stuff that my parents raised me on. So yes, I do like what Mom still listens to. And I was slightly shocked (though maybe I shouldn't have been) to find out that she likes Adele. I like Adele. So I worried a little. Does that mean Mom is cool? Or does that mean that Adele is lame? Which would, by extension, make me lame... I'm sorry, Adele. I didn't mean to call you lame.
23. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else? Yes. Yes. Bullying led to my wonderful experience with anorexia nervosa. And I've never meant to be a bully. But I have an overwhelmingly sarcastic personality. Usually, I can control myself. I can turn it off when I need to. But there are occasions when I cross the line and I do hurt feelings. Again, I don't mean to. It's not like I woke up one morning and said, "I really want to make someone cry today. Who can my victim be?" And I felt really bad about it afterwards. Also, I apologized profusely. Just let it go!
24. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza
25. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage before having sex, would you stay in that relationship? Yes. Especially considering I've always figured that I would wait until marriage myself.
26. Do you believe in a god? Just the real one. The one with a capital G.
27. Of all the social networks in the world, why use Twitter? Because it's trendy. And I'm so freakin' cool that I feel that my 52 followers on the Twitter would be devastated if I closed my account.
28. What's your favorite hashtag to track? I don't have one. I follow certain people. I also follow certain celebrities. Sometimes I find their tweets interesting or funny. But I don't really follow particular hashtags.
29. Would you call yourself/your family "middle class?" Yeah. We're not poverty stricken and we're not super rich. For now, we're in between. I'm sure that I'll be middle class for as long as such a creature exists.
30. Name a TV series you didn't enjoy until after it ended. Firefly. It was an awesome show that got a raw deal from Fox.
31. Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial? Nope
32. If you could give up your car and never have to drive again, would you? No. I like driving too much. I wouldn't miss paying to fill my tank with gas every week. But sometimes it's worth it just to be able to drive around and listen to some music.
33. If you go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say? I'd go back to high school me and say the following: "Past Aaron, I really need to study more. Because if I put forth just a little bit of effort, I'll be able to get a scholarship to help pay for that wicked expensive college I'll end up going to for five years. Also, when I get to that wicked expensive college, stick with the elementary education thing. Trust me, past me, it'll pay off in the long run. Also, when 2004 rolls around, be sure to put a lot of money on the Red Sox to win the World Series. I know, it sounds crazy but, again, trust me. Finally, for the next 15 years or so, it doesn't matter who she is, she's not interested."
34. What's your "quirkiest" habit? I do tend to sing a lot. Randomly. And in inappropriate places and situations. I mean, it's not as if I imagine that my life is an episode of Glee. Or is it?
35. What is "normal?" Are you normal? There is no such thing as normal. That being said, yes, I am extremely normal.
36. Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the deaths of 10 strangers. You don't have to see them die. Do you take the offer? No., The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one. I really hope that doesn't sound heartless. But it worked for Spock.
37. What is one thing you could never forgive? Betrayal. Well, I can't say never. But it would take an awful long time for me to get over a serious case of betrayal and there's a very good chance that trust would never be regained.
38. Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends or be single? I'm curious about what a relationship would be like. But seeing as how I've been single for as long as I have been, I'm content with that. Nothing to compare it to, really.
39. Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends? Absolutely. I've done it dozens of times. I'll admit, it can be easy for one or the other to develop feelings in a "more than friends" capacity. But it's all about letting your brain win over your heart. People who "follow their heart" are just setting themselves up for a lot of pain. In most cases. The odds aren't good.
40. Where do you and your friends go to hang out? Central Perk. No... MacLaren's. I mean the Peach Pit. Crap! I watch too much TV! My friends don't really have a regular place. And that's mostly because all my friends are so spread out. For a few years, whenever we tried to get together, it was at the house at Smith Mountain Lake. But that house was recently sold, so that's not an option anymore. I've always wondered what it would be like to live near my friends and have a regular place that we could call "our place."

No comments:

Post a Comment