Friday, June 22, 2012

So Many Questions, Part V

Last one, I promise...

81. Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them? So many times. And as you can tell, it worked out great. Each and every time.
82. Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy or doing something you don't like with your best friends? Doing something I don't like with my friends. I can't promise I won't complain though. So in case the plan is to go golfing, you've been warned.
83. Do you practice what you preach? I don't think so. It's a lot easier to give advice than to take it. Even if it's your own advice.
84. If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly? No. I've never been one to be reckless.
85. What do you value more in a significant other: attractiveness or intelligence? I want both. And I think you should at least give me some credit for knowing what I want.
86. Are you hard-headed? Yes. I'll listen to your opinion, but I'm not too ashamed to let you know you're wrong.
87. Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate? Is there any other reason to laugh uncontrollably? Example: I was at a funeral the year before Dad passed away. I was sitting next to him and we watched, solemnly, as the dearly departed was closed into the casket by the funeral director. The man then began to turn the crank which would lock the casket. And Dad leaned close to me and began humming "Pop Goes the Weasel." Pretty sure I snorted. Loudly.
88. When have you felt most alive? Considering the fact that I've never been dead, I have nothing to compare my alive feeling to. So I'd say I feel most alive right now. And every day I wake up and continue to breathe in and out.
89. Where would you prefer to live: city, suburbs, countryside, mountains, etc.? I think I prefer the city. Though I have no doubt I could find contentment wherever I lived. I work in a small community and I could see myself living there from time to time. Though, ultimately, I think I'd miss the convenience of living in a city.
90. Do you often skip breakfast? Only on the days that end in Y.
91. How do you know what true love is? Well, I don't have any real experience with it. Mostly what I've picked up from The Princess Bride. I know true love exists. But it isn't what most people think it is. Too often, people confuse love with infatuation. True love isn't a feeling. It's a verb.
92. Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die? Where's the fun in that?
93. Where is "home" for you? Roanoke
94. What song best describes your life right now? "Faith of the Heart," Rod Stewart
95. Do you want to be perfect? You imply that I'm not. I don't know how I feel about that. Just kiding. Perfection is impossible. Can't hurt to try though.
96. What have you never tried but would really like to do someday? What's holding you back? Cross-country road trip. The lack of gas money is what's holding me back.
97. How do you express your creativity? I write. I have this blog. I have lots of stuff that I don't feel like publishing. And I sing. And I like to draw from time to time. Those are all outlets for me.
98. Describe your neighborhood. It's an apartment complex. It's not too shabby. We're right next to the river and just a stone's throw from a pretty sizeable public park. We've got a sand volleyball court. A basketball court. A swimming pool. A gym. A clubhouse with a foosball table and a pool table. And I'm pretty sure there's a tanning bed somewhere in there. Though that seems kind of sketchy. I won't be using that thing. But if anyone wants to pick up a game of volleyball, let me know when you're in Radford.
99. Name something you only liked because it was popular. Popularity got me to pick up the first Harry Potter book. Then I loved it on its own merits. So I guess that doesn't count. I never really pretend to like something just because everyone else does. Look at how popular Twilight is. I can't stand that junk.
100. Give me the story of your life in six words. And he lived awesomely ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment