Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Poem for Valentine's Day

Roses are red. Or yellow. Or pink. Or white. I think I saw an orange one once, but it might have been fake. Anyway...

Violets are blue. Wait, no they aren't. Violets are purple. But nothing rhymes with purple. I read somewhere that nothing rhymes with silver or orange either. Anyway...

Sugar is sweet. But, actually, saccharine is sweeter. Did you know that the artificial sweetener is actually 500 times sweeter than sugar? Maybe we should be comparing the sweet people in our lives to saccharine. Or even aspartame (180 times sweeter than sugar). Anyway...

Sorry, I kind of lost track of what this poem was supposed to be about. But it's not as if I have a Valentine to be poetic for. So, happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment