Monday, February 25, 2013

Question of the Week: Holding On

Via
Are you holding on to something that you need to let go of?

I don't think so. I have a tendency to look at holding on to things the same way I look at worrying. There's really no point. Life is too short to dwell on things that happened in the past. The most evident thing that I think most people would admit to holding on to would be a grudge. That's the most pointless waste of energy there is. I'm not saying we should forget what someone may have done to wrong us in the past, but if you dwell on it you're only hurting yourself. Chances are, that person that you've decided to begrudge has moved on and probably won't even remember what they did. So all we do by holding grudges is let hate and mistrust fester in our own hearts. Pointless. I'm sure there are lots of other negative things that people hold on to as the years pass by. I won't say that I don't over-think or even obsess over things in the moment, but once the moment is gone, I'm ready to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment