Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Reading Blogs

Apparently, Google Reader is dying in July. I feel I should take a moment to mourn this loss. Instead, I'm mostly just outraged.

I read a whole lot of blogs. I mean, I browse a whole lot of blogs and read a few a little more closely. But I keep up with a lot of blogs. And I do this through Google Reader. It's convenient that I'm able to go to one place and find all the blogs and articles that I want to read in one location. What happens when that goes away? Where will I be able to go for a one-stop blog reading spot?

I'm seriously asking this question. Because I have no idea. Not that I've done any actual research on my own. I just found out about the Google Reader thing about 3 minutes ago. But if any of my fellow blog-keepers and blog-readers have any suggestions, I'm all ears. I may have kept this blog for the last 7+ years, but I'm still a novice at all this.

2 comments:

  1. I use Vienna---I think it's pretty old school but I used it before there was google reader and I never converted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am likewise outraged. This article was helpful. It's geared toward authors rather than readers, but the info is still useful.
    http://www.authormedia.com/how-authors-can-survive-the-death-of-google-reader/

    Just GRRRR about the whole thing, though. I'm ignoring it for now and hoping the public outcry will change their minds.

    ReplyDelete