Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Finishing What I've Started

So, there are a number of things I've started that I've never continued or come close to finishing. At the moment, I can think of two.

First of all, my friend Erynn challenged me to write a story. Initially it was supposed to be a one post deal. But I realized it could turn into something a lot more involved. I wrote a part one. Several months later, I wrote a part two. I intended to continue it soon after, but as of now I still haven't gotten around to posting part three.

Next, there's the Lois Lane thing. A few months ago I set out to write my own take on Lois Lane, simply because I didn't like the way she's been handled in the comics in recent years. In thinking about how the stories would flow, I came up with a lengthy outline that could carry into 20 or more short stories. Thus far, I've written exactly one chapter.

I don't like feeling like I'm slacking on something I set out to do. I need to get on this stuff. For those of you who have enjoyed those stories or others that I haven't mentioned here, let me know about it. I'll be happy to get back to the fiction if that's what my readers want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment