Friday, January 10, 2014

I've Got Answers

Okay, this is a continuation of yesterday's blog. As a refresher, I put out a call for questions on Facebook and Twitter. I don't know why I bothered with Twitter. No one pays attention to me on there anyway. I only got a couple questions from folks before I clicked the publish button. Since then, I've gotten a few more. I will happily answer these questions now.

Jessica asks, "Which friend have you known the longest and why are they incredible?"

Well, Jessica, this seems like a conspicuously self serving question. As you know, you are my oldest friend. Not in age, but in the time in which we've known each other. I met a young Jessica Smith on the first day of school when we began the first grade at Raleigh Court Elementary School. I had just transferred in from East Salem. She had just transferred from Virginia Heights. Jessica's never been one to meet a stranger. I, on the other hand, was terrified, as I generally am in most new situations. Jessica exploited that fear and threatened to shave my head if I didn't pay her to be my friend. The funds were to come directly from my lunch money fund. Eventually I got the upper hand. During our 2nd grade year, I got a buzz cut, showing Jessica that I was not afraid of a shorn scalp. However, by that point, our bond was genuine and I no longer needed her to pretend to be my friend. Because she was my friend. And still is. 28 years later. And she only threatens me with physical harm occasionally.

Connie asks, "What two books would you bring with you if you were stranded on an deserted island?"

This is the second deserted island related question I've gotten. Do people want me to get stranded on an uncharted island somewhere? If Kate from Lost will be there, I'm okay with it. If it's just Wilson from Cast Away, I might lose my mind. Anyway... Two books. The Bible, 'cause I can always get something new out of that. And The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Just because it's my favorite. I read through it about once a year. Totally worth it.

It's funny, while I was answering these questions I got two more. At the moment, that means I have three left to answer. And I'd answer them all right here, right now, but I'm late for work. So I need to get going. I'll answer more tomorrow. Feel free to continue asking questions. I really don't mind it when you guys make me think.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had to threaten physical harm lately. I'm losing my edge. Motherhood has made me soft. :)

    ReplyDelete