Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Question of the Week: Lifted Spirits

What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?

The short answer: laughter.

It doesn't matter what the problem is. Laughing can either fix the problem or make me forget about it for a while. I'll admit, there are times when I'm really upset, even pissed off at the world, and I just want to wallow in my misery. I'm not sure if that's a symptom of some kind of psychological condition or not, but in those funks I'm resistant to attempts to make me laugh. At times, I'm even a little resentful of anyone who tries to cheer me up. But if people keep at it or show me an episode of How I Met Your Mother, eventually I'll crack.

To anyone who has seen me at my worst and tried to cheer me up, I'm sorry I didn't appreciate your attempts. To those who managed to get through and make me laugh, thanks for not giving up despite my pitiful attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment