Friday, February 06, 2009

Question of the Week: Accident

If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?

It's tough to say how I'd respond in that situation. I assume that if I was in love enough to be engaged to someone, then I'd be in love enough to weather whatever storm would come along. That means that if my betrothed was suddenly confined to a wheelchair, then I would be able to help her get through all of that. Doesn't matter if it was temporary or for the rest of her life.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. I'd probably go through with it, but like you said, it's hard to say. I'm not actually facing that, and I'd like to think I'm the kind of person who would do what's right, but I'm also a terrible person sometimes. Logic, and my heart, tells me that if we're at engagement stage, I'm already at the threshold of "oneness" with that person. How can I turn away selfishly in their greatest moment of need?

    ReplyDelete