Thursday, February 19, 2009

Traffic

A couple weeks ago as I was driving, I noticed a house that lies between my apartment and the Greenehouse. The thing on this property that drew my attention was the novelty traffic light sitting on a post at the end of their driveway. I thought to myself, I'd kind of like to have a novelty traffic light someday. And then I just let the thought float away, as most of my random, trivial thoughts tend to do.

While I was in Charlotte on Monday, I was helping Andy clean out the storage closet near his youth room. Lying in the corner was a traffic light. I wasn't really paying attention to it. I was busying myself with moving speakers and other miscellaneous items. Andy pointed out the traffic light and asked if I wanted it.

Suddenly I remembered how I fleetingly thought about wanting a traffic light of my very own. He said that the light had been sitting in that closet for over a year. He didn't need it. He saw no foreseeable use for it. Thus, one man's trash became another's.

Before loading the light into my car, we tested it to make sure the lights still worked. Each light, red, yellow, and green, had its own plug. Each light worked brilliantly. Now, I have my own working traffic light. And I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

I'm sure the possibilities are endless and I'm just not being creative enough. Submit your ideas below.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you can mount it outside your bathroom door....vacant - green light, occupied - red light, reading only - yellow light?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang it on your brick wall between the two windows about 11.3 feet up

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to the picture???

    nhg

    ReplyDelete