Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Taken

Tonight I had the chance to see the movie Taken, starring Liam Neeson. To be honest, I hadn't heard much about this film before seeing it. I think I saw a couple commercials for it on TV last week, but that's about it. Never saw a trailer for it in the theater. From what I understood, it was about a guy who's daughter is abducted and he goes all Jason Bourne trying to get her back.

That assessment was fairly on the money. Sure, it's more detailed than that, but it really is about a guy who's daughter is abducted and he tries to get her back. I can't say he turns into Jason Bourne, 'cause Bourne forgot who he was for a while there.

Neeson plays Bryan Mills, the ex-CIA dad who has retired in order to finally spend some time with his daughter, Kim. His ex-wife is certain that nothing he can ever do will make up for the time that he lost with the girl during his years as an operative. He kind of proves her wrong on that one.

The movie was full of intense action, which really came as a surprise to me. I'll admit, I haven't seen a lot of movies where Liam Neeson was the star. I know he was a Jedi Master back in Episode I, but most of that work is done with CGI. Pretty sure this Bryan Mills character could give Jack Bauer a run for his money.

Mark called me this morning and let me know he had seen it last night. He said it was really good. I hate to admit it when he's right about movies, but he was right about this one. Well worth the price of admission.

1 comment: