Saturday, November 07, 2009

New Reason to Never Leave the House

Before now, I had considered Netflix to be the greatest thing to happen to movies since the invention of the VHS player. And the good people of the internet-based rental business keep on making it better.

At some point over the last couple years, Netflix began streaming movies and TV shows over the internet. Then they offered the service through certain Tivo boxes and X-Box Live. But, because I don't have a Tivo or an X-Box 360, I couldn't enjoy these luxuries. Until now, that is.

A few weeks ago I read an article stating that Netflix would soon offer movies instantly through the Playstation 3. This sounded great. And then I realized that I have a PS3! That made the news even better!

Yesterday I received the special disc that the PS3 needs and now I can watch movies from my Instant Queue on the Netflix website. And here's the kicker: they're in high definition!

That's it. I'm never leaving my apartment again!

No comments:

Post a Comment