Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Final Destination Moment

This morning as I drove to work, I found myself briefly following an interesting pick-up truck. The driver was carrying a number of tools in the bed of the truck. One of these tools was a sawblade attached to a long handle, most likely used to trim tree branches that are high off the ground. I'm sure there's a proper name for this sort of saw, but I don't know it.

The thing that disturbed me about this particular sawblade was that it was just resting on top of the tailgate. And it looked to be pointing directly at me.

It's the kind of obvious thing that would be on display in a Final Destination movie. You know, the guy's driving down the road and he has all these sharp tools in the back of the truck, and he's only halfway paying attention to how he's driving recklessly. The camera pans over this one sawblade that looks like it's aiming directly at the driver's head in the car behind it. See, the camera does that to set up a really obvious foreshadowing, showing you just how the driver that escaped the explosion at the beginning of the movie is about to catch up with death.

Well that's kind of what I thought of when I saw that sawblade pointing at my head this morning. I was grateful to be able to pass that truck not long after seeing it. I'm not necessarily afraid of death, but I'd rather not go out in a gruesome horror movie style death.

1 comment:

  1. I almost have panic attacks any time I drive near a truck with logs on the back. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete