Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hair Products

I've been putting off getting a haircut for a while. Mostly because getting a haircut requires money, which is something of short supply these days. Anyway, the haircut was long overdue.

So I get to the place and am introduced to Kim, the woman who would be cutting my hair today. And Kim got to work. And as long as I've gone in letting the hair grow, she had her work cut out for her. In the process of cutting and trimming, she began to question my use of product in my hair.

Now, generally, I don't use anything. Every now and then, I may try out some kind of hair gel. But more often than not, when I do happen to use it, I just don't like it. I don't like how it makes my hair look shiny and constantly wet. And I don't like how it gives my hair the consistency of a railroad spike.

But Kim decided to let me know just how important it would be to buy the right hair product that they just happened to sell there. Which, to me, kinda looked like some kind of paste. But I smiled and nodded, as if I were truly interested.

And then we went back to the sink so she could wash my hair. At which point she asked me what kind of shampoo I use at home. I responded by saying I just buy whatever's cheapest when it's time to get it. She went on to tell me that it would behoove me to use the same kind of shampoo that she was using at that moment, because the stuff that's in it would be good to clean my scalp of build-up. Because I have oily hair.

Oily! What gives her the right...?!

Okay, that's a fair assessment.

Anyway, she's trying to get me to buy these new products that they just happen to sell right there at the register. She went through all that hard work and long sales pitch, and then I had to shoot her down. It was bad enough that I had to convince myself to spend money just to get the haircut. Shampoo and paste for my hair too? Sorry, don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment