Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Legends of the Bank Teller - Episode XXXVI

There are a few things that only drive-thru tellers get to experience. We get to watch people drive off with the box and/or tube that's used to send money/transactions in to us. We get to watch people drop said box/tube and run right over it with their cars. We get to watch people who were scatterbrained enough to not have their transaction ready ask for a pen, and then keep said pen. And my favorite: we get to deal with customers who think it's cute to let their kids do the transaction for them.

Maybe it's because I have no soul/heart/patience for small children, but I just don't think it's cute. I think it's annoying. I'm trying to get you in and out of here in a timely manner, and you're letting your 8-year-old do all the talking? Seriously? You're a grown-up! And chances are, you're ignorant enough as it is, not showing up ready, but sending in a bunch of crap that's incoherent at best.

You know what, most of the time it is incoherent. What, did you let the kid fill out your deposit slip too? Do they sign your checks for you?

Sorry, it's just been one of those days. Oh, and look, someone just ran over the box again. Good thing those things grow on trees.

1 comment:

  1. YOU ABSOLUTELY CRACK ME UP!! I guess I can relate being in the same field. Here's a good one for you....letting the dog sniff the tube or said box to check for a dog biscuit and then leaving his lovely drool all over it!! Can you say C-A-P-I-T-A-L B-A-N-K!!!

    ReplyDelete