Sunday, November 16, 2008

Response

No one wanted any advice this week. No one sent any e-mails. No one wanted to hear what I had to say. I guess this whole "advice column" thing was just an experiment in futility. Just one more example of the pointlessness of asking for audience participation here on The Single Guy/Carp Dime.

I didn't even get any fake questions. I was kind of hoping for something ridiculous that I could have fun with. But no. No one wants to play along. So I'll be giving advice to myself today.

Aaron, why do you keep doing this to yourself? Why ask questions to the readership? Every week you do that stupid question of the week and it's extremely rare that anyone answers in the comments. You put the e-mail address out there inviting people to share their own questions in an attempt to help people with their problems. But you get no response. What does that tell you? Stop doing this stuff! You're setting yourself up for disappointment. You're setting yourself up for failure.

You made a commitment last year to do a blog post every day. Why do that? You've only got another month and a half. I say, after the new year, give up the daily postings. Or, even better, drop the blog all together. Shouldn't you be focused on trying to get a full-time job? Aren't there better things you could be doing with your time? Don't you have a flippin' awesome Playstation 3 that you hardly ever play anymore?

And look, I know you're thinking about doing another interactive segment in December. You're planning to have your readers vote in different categories and have some kind of pseudo award show for your lame blog. It's a lame idea. Don't bother. No one will vote in your stupid categories. And don't act like you weren't gonna do that. I know you.

Okay, that's the advice for this week. Hopefully that loser will heed my words. Remember, the e-mail address is over on the right. Send your questions.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT THE HECK! YOU CANT STOP WRITING YOU BLOG! I ENJOY IT SO...COME ON PEOPLE DIDNT YOU READ THIS GUYS ADVICE LAST WEEK? IT WAS RIGHT UP THERE WITH ANN LANDERS! COME ON...YOUR TRYING TO TELL ME THAT NO ONE HAS ANY PROBLEMS OUT THERE THEY NEED ADVICE ON...BULL! Aarron PLEASE DONT LET THE LACK OF PARTICIPATENT DETER YOU! KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK.

    ReplyDelete