Friday, January 30, 2009

Question of the Week: Ages

Do your friends tend to be older or younger than you?

I think I have a pretty good mix. To be honest, I'd say most of my friends are right around my age. Sure, there's a pretty good mix of those who are older and those who are younger. But it's not like I go and hang out with people my parents age. And aside from the Greene kids, I really don't hang out with anyone under the age of twenty-something.

Now that I think on it though, I guess I have started hanging out with a few more people who are closer to my mom's age than my own. And I don't mind spending time with those folks, but I can't help but feel like a kid sometimes. I guess to them, I am a kid. But to me, they're grown-ups.

That all boils down to me being unable to truly see myself as a grown-up. In a little over a month, I'll be 29, but I still don't feel like I've matured beyond the teenage status. And for those of you who are about to make snide remarks about my maturity (or lack thereof), be careful what you leave in the comments. You can be replaced!

And for those of you about to make snide remarks about my ability to make new friends (or lack thereof), be careful what you leave in the comments. You might hurt my feelings!

And for those of you about to make snide remarks about my ability to feel emotion (or lack thereof), be careful what you leave in the comments. 'Cause... umm... yeah... I got nothin' else.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. i don't know why but i feel like you were aiming all of your threats at me.

    i don't know why you would feel it necessary to warn me. all i wanted to say was that if you weren't so immature maybe you would be more apt to make new friends instead of hanging out with older folks who keep you around because of your constant need to sarcastically derail individuals which make them feel as if they need to protect you from the benevolent misgivings of those you constantly insult without an ounce of guilt. that and the instinctual motherly enclave they provide due to your extreme lack of maturity.

    see how it comes full circle?

    but honestly aaron, i would never try to insult you. i'm just too mature of a person to do that.

    j "light years ahead" h

    ReplyDelete