Friday, January 09, 2009

Question of the Week: Devotion

If you knew you could devote yourself to any single occupation - music, writing, acting, business, politics, medicine, etc. - and be among the best and most successful in the world at it, what would you choose? If you knew you had only a 10 percent chance of being so successful, would you still put in the effort?

I would devote myself to the etc. You don't see too many et ceterans in the workforce today, so I think it would be pretty easy to become the best in the et cetera field. In fact, the only one that comes to mind right now is Peter Cetera and I don't think he's come out with anything good since Karate Kid Part II.

Okay, really I'd pick writing. I do love to write and really wish it was something I could do for a living. Even if I'm never successful at it, as long as it remains something that I enjoy doing, then I think it's worth putting forth that effort.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. i'm already doing mine and my chance of success is more like 1% ..

    which begs me to ask ..

    why aren't you doing yours?


    j "true story" h

    ReplyDelete