Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol: 7 Again

Since Matt was saved from elimination last week, two people will be going home tomorrow night based on America's votes. It's disco week. A week where none of the judges seem to enjoy the songs because it's impossible for the contestants to pick a good disco song. That's because there are no good disco songs. In fact, I'm pretty sure the phrase "good disco song" is an oxymoron.

Lil Rounds - I'm Every Woman
Lil's in the first spot. The forgettable spot. She was already in the bottom three last week. Based on her placement tonight, she probably doesn't stand a chance. She didn't do bad overall, but the ending was a little rough. 2.

Kris Allen - She Works Hard for the Money
This is definitely a different version of the song. It's unlike anything I've heard before anyway. Was this version done by someone or is this a Kris Allen original? It's pretty good. I think it's a risk that will pay off for him. 4.

Danny Gokey - September
This isn't exactly a spectacular song, but he was able to have fun with it and show off his vocal ability. 4.

Allison Iraheta - Hot Stuff
This is different too. I'm thinking that a lot of the kids like disco about as much as I do, so they're changing up as much as they can. Starting off, I didn't think this would be very good. But once she got into the song it got pretty good. 3.

Adam Lambert - If I Can't Have You
Ryan called it "his own spin" on this song. So far, a lot of "his own spins" have just mellowed out some songs big time. This doesn't sound much different than what he did with Mad World. Am I wrong about that? So this was not bad. I think it started better than it ended. 4.

Matt Giraud - Stayin' Alive
He was doing okay for the first few lines. Until he went falsetto. I don't think it's enough to keep him alive. 2.

Anoop Desai - Dim All the Lights
Once again, I don't think it's gonna be enough to keep him out of the bottom three. 3.

I think the bottom three this week will echo last week's bottom three with Lil and Matt going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment