Friday, April 10, 2009

Question of the Week: Damage

While parking late at night, you slightly scrape the side of a Porsche. You are certain no on else is aware of what happened. The damage is minor and would not be covered by insurance. Would you leave a note?

Honestly I'm not sure that I would. I know that it's the right thing to do, to take responsibility for damaging someone's care. But it's just a scrape. Those things happen all the time. I've got a bunch of scrapes on my car and I've never gotten a note from a stranger taking responsibility for it. Granted, my car isn't a Porsche, but that really leads to my next point. If they can afford to own a Porsche, there's a good chance they can afford to take care of one scrape. If insurance isn't gonna cover this, that means that if I take responsibility, it's coming out of my pocket. My pocket doesn't go too deep. Pretty sure that today's economic condition would be enough to keep me from doing the right thing in this situation.

*Question of the Week comes from The Book of Questions by Gregory Stock, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment