Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol: 7

Tonight we're getting a little cinematical. The contestants will be singing songs from the movies. Quentin Tarantino is the mentor tonight. Also, we find out that, due to last week's over-talking extended show, the judges will be judging the contestants two at a time. Simon's disappointed that he won't be judging all of the contestants. Poor guy.

Allison Iraheta - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
I'm sorry, but her voice doesn't fit this song at all. From start to finish, I'm unimpressed. I don't like the arrangement of the song either. The choice of lyrics that are cut was a poor choice. 2.

Anoop Desai - Everything I Do I Do It For You
I'm not sure I like the arrangement of this one either. And Anoop sure didn't take Tarantino's direction of growling in the song. The director wanted the kid to rough it up some. Do the song like it's a scene from Pulp Fiction. Vocally he did all right, but I just didn't like the arrangement. 3.

Adam Lambert - Born to be Wild
There are a couple moments that I'm not sure about. He takes this classic song and puts his own twist on it. He can definitely perform the heck out of a song. 4.

Matt Giraud - Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman
I had been saying that this guy's been growing on me. Tonight he threw all that away. The inflections he was putting into the song were really bad. I mean, really bad. All kinds of not good. 1.

Danny Gokey - Endless Love
Danny, my choice to win, this wasn't your best performance man. Toward the beginning, it was a little rough. When he got off the chair, it got a lot better. The power behind his voice got him to the place he should've been the whole time. 4.

Kris Allen - Falling Slowly
This is a song I've never heard before from a movie I've never heard of. It was hard to judge based on never hearing it before. He did okay, but it wasn't his best song. 3.

Lil Rounds - The Rose
She's just doing too much with the song. This is a simple song. Keep it simple. That's what Tarantino told her to do. And she sure didn't listen. I mean, technically, it's not that bad. But to me, less is often more. The end was pretty rough. Maybe I spoke too soon. 2.

I know that I'm probably wrong and there will be people to disagree with me. My bottom three are Lil, Allison, and Matt, with Matt going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment