Monday, April 01, 2013

Question of the Week: Smile

Via
What makes you smile?
I've been accused of not being very emotive with my facial expressions. Except for maybe the more negative facial expressions. People have a tendency to know when I'm angry or upset about something. I don't think that part is as bad as it used to be. I think, at one time, I may have been somewhat well known for my involuntary expressions of annoyance. Despite the reputation or being kind of a sourpuss, there are plenty of things that make me smile. I just don't do it as often as I should. Or, I don't allow myself to smile as often as I should. There are superficial things that can cause my smile to break out: an exciting trailer for an upcoming movie, a song on my iPod, a joke I suddenly remembered from five years ago. Then there are genuinely awesome things that make me smile. Though I suppose these "genuine" things aren't things at all. They're people. Friends, family and even strangers can cause me to smile given the right context. People probably think I don't like to smile, but that's just not true. I love to smile as much as the next guy. I just wish that, just because my face isn't always automatically in happy mode, people wouldn't assume I'm in a bad mood. I'm usually not. My neutral expression just looks like I'm depressed. It's work to look slightly happy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment