Saturday, July 05, 2014

15th - Zodiac

Day Fifteen! What's my sign and do I think it fits my personality?

Here's the thing. I don't pay attention to astrology. I don't buy into that stuff. I think it's a lot of random vagueness that makes no sense. So I've had to do some research on the subject.

For some time now, I've been aware of the fact that I'm a Pisces. This is due to the fact that I was born on March 6. According to an article on the interwebz, here are 10 characteristics of a Pisces. I'll include my thoughts on if that matches my personality...
  1. Oversensitive - I don't think I'm oversensitive. I feel like I'm pretty good at letting things go. I really don't let things bother me.
  2. Compassionate - I'll buy this one. I think, as a counselor, if I didn't have a decent compassionate streak, I wouldn't be very good at my job. Though I will say I believe my compassion has its limits.
  3. Indecisive - Okay, this is definitely me. I'm one of those guys who will stand around with a group of people after church for 15 minutes trying to decide on a place to have lunch, despite the fact that my stomach is actively shrinking.
  4. Dreamer and Artistic - I don't know about the dreamer part. I don't sit around daydreaming about places I want to go or things I want to do or people I want to meet. But I do like doing the creative artistic stuff.
  5. Escapist - If escapist means that I like to get away from people from time to time, then yes, I could be considered escapist.
  6. Adaptive - If adaptive means that I can think on my feet and go with the flow, then yes, I'm adaptive.
  7. Self-Pitying - Okay, this one I'm not sure about. I think I can be self-pitying on occasion, but I think those occasions are rare. I don't see the point in feeling sorry for myself when I could do something to change my situation and make things better.
  8. Social - HA!
  9. Idealist - I don't think of myself as an idealist. I feel like I'm guided more by practicality than ideals.
  10. Romantic and Love-Struck - I don't know why these two things are necessarily grouped together. No, it makes sense. But I feel like I have the potential to be one and not the other. I don't consider myself someone who is easily love-struck. Maybe when I was younger. But not these days. I'm too logical for that kind of nonsense. But on the romantic side, I feel like I could easily display that characteristic if given the opportunity. Guess I'll just have to find a girl who'll let me.
Any of my close friends reading this, feel free to correct me on those if you'd like. By my score, I'd give myself a 5.5 out of 10. I'd be interested to know the personalities of other Pisces and how they match this whole thing.

Reading up on my alleged Pisces personality has not convinced me that astrology is a legit thing that I should be paying attention. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment