Thursday, July 17, 2014

27th - Words to Live By

Day Twenty-Seven... almost there... A quote I try to live by.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

This is a quote attributed to Winston Churchill, who is a very quotable individual. Now, I can't prove that he said this. I never heard the words come from his mouth. I've never read anything he's written or seen videos of speeches he's given. I just assume that the many sources I've seen over the years are correct.

This quote is actually part of the signature on my emails. I just like the meaning behind it, encouraging us to give of ourselves in order to make life better. I kind of feel like I'm lucky in that, the thing I do for a living gives me plenty of opportunities to give of myself to make someone else's life a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment